All You Need to Know About Wooden Flooring *Prices Included*
In India, wood flooring is a very popular choice for homeowners. It’s a popular choice for Indian homeowners. It adds elegance and warmth to any space and makes it look great. But you shouldn’t just choose the flooring based on its appearance. We know there are many factors to consider so we have put together a comprehensive guide to help you make informed decisions.
BONUS! Pinterest Home Decor Trends 2019: Uncoded for Indian Homes
This post will teach you:
- What are the most sought-after wood flooring options in India?
- What is the cost of wood flooring?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of wood flooring in India?
- Which type of wood is best for what area of your house?
Three Most Popular Types Of Wooden Flooring In India
Let’s first look at the different characteristics of each type of wood flooring. Next, let us learn about the most popular styles in India.
Solid timber flooring is made from real wood, from top to bottom, from wood that has been taken from different trees such as oak, walnut, and pine.
Durability It is very durable and can last many years if it is well maintained. You can refinish it several times during its life. Most hardwood is prefinished with a protective top layer. However, moisture should not be allowed to penetrate the wood.
2. Engineered wood
Engineered wood laminate flooring Wallasey is made up of a veneer of wood that has been glued to several layers underneath, such as plywood. This wood is extremely stable over time.
Durability It’s very durable and can be used in any room of your house. It is also more resistant to moisture than hardwood.
3. Laminate wood
Laminate wooden floor tiles or floating wood are made of synthetic materials that mimic the look of wood. These tiles can then be laminated.
Durability While laminate wood flooring can be quite durable, its greatest advantage is its ease of installation.
Tip: While hardwood is an excellent choice, laminate is more affordable and is smarter. You can choose from a variety of wood flooring designs, and it is resistant to bacteria and mold.
What is the Average Cost of Wooden Flooring?
Price: Rs. 650-Rs. 5,000 per square foot
Installation is easy because solid hardwoods can be nailed down or stapled.
Is it right for you? Solid hardwood is a good value for money. This flooring is ideal for people who are looking for long-lasting use but don’t mind changing the type of flooring that they install in different areas of their house as needed.
2. Engineered wood
Price: Rs. 200-Rs. 900 per square foot
Easy installation: It includes more installation options like click and fit or staple, nail, click-and-fit, glue, and staple.
Is it right for you? Engineered wood isn’t as long-lasting as solid wood flooring. It is therefore for people who like the look of wood, but are pragmatic about how long they want it to last.
3. Laminate wood
Price: Rs. 120-Rs. 1,200 per square foot
Installation is very easy.
The pros and cons of wooden flooring
It is important to consider the pros and cons of wood flooring before you make a decision. These are the facts we have compiled for you.
Wooden Flooring Advantages
1. Durable: Wooden flooring can last for a lifetime if it is properly maintained.
2. Wooden flooring has a high resale value: If you ever decide to sell your home, it will add a luxurious look and increase its value.
3. A great appearance: The beauty and elegance of wooden flooring are in its simplicity. It can make any room look stunning. Wooden flooring adds warmth and character to any space.
4. Wood flooring is versatile: You have many options for decorating a space. Nearly all home decor accents can be used to complement wooden flooring.
The Advantages and Drawbacks of Wooden Flooring
1. Scratches easily: Wooden flooring can be scratched easily by high-heeled shoes, toys for children, pets, and so on.
2. Regular Cleaning: Wooden flooring should be polished at least once per year, and vacuumed approximately every 4-5 days. Termite attacks can be prevented by regular maintenance.
3. Expensive: Hardwood flooring can be more expensive than other flooring options. Laminate wood flooring is a cheaper option than hardwood flooring, but it’s still more expensive.
4. Low Moisture Resistance: Wooden flooring should not be installed in areas such as the bathroom or houses with high humidity. Wood can become swollen or infested by mildew from moisture. If you are careful, it is possible to clean wooden floors with a damp cloth. However, water should not drip onto the floor.
Real home owner experience:
“I was told that wooden flooring should not be kept wet. My maid suggested that I wring the cloth before mopping the floor. My wooden floor, which is now a month old, has already started to look old. To keep it looking shiny, I’d need to polish it multiple times per year.
What type of wood is best for which area of your home?
Solid Hardwood Ideal for living spaces, bedrooms, hallways, and dining rooms. Solid wood flooring should be avoided in kitchens. However, waterproof mats can be placed next to the sink or dishwasher.
Teak WoodUnusually functional in wet areas because it keeps fungus from growing and retains moisture. The majority of wood species that are directly used in the shower, except teak, would be a waste.
Laminate and Engineered Wood: Both can be installed in the same places as solid hardwood. It is best to avoid organic materials in the kitchen. However, they can still be used if you take care. You can also install laminate wood in your basement, provided that it doesn’t have any moisture issues.
What is the verdict?
Wooden flooring used to be expensive and a luxury item. This type of flooring is becoming more popular in India because it looks great! It’s also easy to decorate. This flooring can be used to make all your Pinterest home decor dreams come true. As long as you are okay with some extra maintenance, grab the catalog for wooden floors. IT’S TIME FOR RENOVATION!